Lunes, Pebrero 22, 2016

Making Names Around The Alphabets

There are lots of people named George; however, there was this great George Whitefield that contributes in the history of the Church. He was then interested in theater that uses Bible stories and sermons. Being a wealthy person in a well- known family does not serves as a hindrance not to have the interest for evangelism. From a life with richness came to poverty and crisis, it was a time to be discouraged but he remained determined and focus on his goals and dreams. Like any other students, he experienced serving others like bathing other people. Due to some illness like any other historical church fathers, he was converted and known the power and love of Christ. As others or most of us are against with slavery—that should not be, he advocate slavery for legalization. In the Christian world, lots of hymns are known and this person revised one of John Wesley’s hymns, “Hark the Herald Angel Sing”. Benjamin Franklin as of known person watched and hearer and of Whitefield’s revival meeting. A man of great audible voice and emphatic rhythm which made many people turned to God. Three churches was built upon his name that serves and help ministering other believers.
            Another known person is William Carey that changed and influenced most Indians. As we all knew that this country was of great religious hindrances with their traditions and practices. However, William Carey fight and was challenged to influenced them. Thirty-four Bible translations was done through his efforts in Asian languages. Horticultural Society was founded by him. Medical helps are then pondered are seen with importance. He was considered are the Father of Modern Missions, and that his book became the Magna Carta of Missions. He was well known person in the world as well as in India. With the Christians works, the government salutes him as an outstanding individual.
            In the present generations, people are taking advantages only to the efforts taken in the past. Like me, I only sing hymns as what it is without any idea of its history. I normally get hymn book and turn to its pages. But through George Whitefield I have to get information and meditate the meaning of the song. With some provincial persons, we were taught that we need to pursue studies for in that case we can earn money and prestige. However, it not that riches we can get, but of information and learning that applied in daily living. I experienced one time during my young age that we suffer to eat food for chickens because of great crisis, however, it made us to realize great effort and persistence in studies to really know what is going on around. Although we eat chicken food, still there was contentment and joy together. I discovered that as of my young age, I had lots of dreams and visions, but it has changed as my age keep on increasing. It’s not about what I like but of the future issues. Against what George Whitefield advocated, I am against to slavery. I believed that we are all equal, and the basis of slavery here on earth was riches but God created us equally. Great contributions from William Carey, I was encouraged by him to do more in Christian works. One thing I saw both George and William was their great passion and commitment to their vision and mission in life.
            From George’s conversion to faith, his illness helps him to have it. I myself did not have the same thing; I was having great doubts, fear, and of heart seeking the truth that made me come into faith. So much of decision and thinking God still done the right things I my life.
            Starting today I have to really meditate and have a background of the song I have to sing. The message is more important rather than on the kind of genre and the way it was sing. Spending much time in Christian works like making sermons, compiling doctrines and of making tracts could be the best application of this. I will be an advocate of anti-slavery for I have to fight equal right of man. Corruption and abused is lessen if there’s much love and fear of God, so I have to really do best in speaking, and teaching about it. Freedom of information is a great help which I believed applicable to Philippines today. Not only to secular but also to religious sectors in the society.  Strong leadership is needed and I have to start it in myself.

            This two person are some of great persons in the past, while we are to be like them if we are concern and of great affection to other people. We can do it!

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento