In three consecutive
reports for some important persons in Church history, all I know was
that many noble sons and poor family are used by God for His glory.
In the history of doctrinal synthesis, our early fathers merely do
more effort in synchronizing and compiling different doctrines. Lots
of sermons and commentaries were spread around the continent that
helps bringing many believers in the Church. During the ancient
times, ascetic life is prominent among the settlers. Like John
Chrysostom although he was a son of a noble man, still finds his way
in following God. When he wrote six-hundred sermons, I can’t
imagine myself writing. Indeed he is a man of great compassion of
writing and speaking. From the Roman Catholics teachings of perpetual
virginity of Mary, it was St Jerome that made this proposition in the
past. Despite his unaccepted proposition for the evangelicals, he
still contributes some of his works: Vulgate Bible, Chronicon, and
the Deviris Illustribus. Augustine’s life also teaches us the sins
in the past were used by God as part of his testimony among other
believers. From immorality to eternity. With these persons involve, I
thought church fathers before was then brought to Christianity
because of a Christian family, but I was wrong because some of their
parents were pagans and are against in their beliefs. Augustine is
the product and disciple of St. Ambrose, therefore philosophy of that
time really put great impact on the society and neighbouring
countries. With all this positive and negative contributions, we are
still privilege to use and study their works in the present
generations.
When we speak of
insights, I will focus on the area of education and philosophy. From
the start, I started schooling in a poor province where learning is
limited. I was blessed to have a well rounded family although they
are not perfect, but then they taught me have fear unto God. At some
point I had lots of disappointments in terms of a province students
and a city one. I came from a rural area that not all teachers are
doing their job as to teach. I really admire ancient teachers for
they really put value in teaching that the society are depending on
what kind of students they can produced. Back then in school, I find
it hard to write and on grammar skills, what made me interested in
school is about arts and of the friends I wanted to have. Those
moments I was wrong because those basic skills I failed to catch up
are the ones I needed most in the future. How could ancient people
arrive to have a willingness in studying, why do they pursue more of
it? But in our generation including me finds it useless to pursue
studies? All along and what I believed before was that I am contented
with what my parents have and believed. I was definitely wrong,
knowledge was offered and I reject it in an instance. I really find
Chrysostom as a persevering person in the past because of his great
number of writings that I could no longer copied.So much about themselves, i really find myself failed to acquire valuable things i really needed in the future.
Basic steps i could have with those insights i wrote in the second paragraphs. Education is life for what we knew determine how we act and live our lives. I already pass elementary and high school years, but it is not the end for me to really valued knowledge everyday. I have to really pay attention to what my teacher teaches in the class, and evaluate it as on what possible application i could have. I also had the opportunity to teach some students in elementary and others, to inspire them in pursuing studies and not making it as a punishment for they can benefit it in return--sooner. Every day i was surrounded with lots of knowledge and ideas and i have to take it possibly as i can. I need to put interest in making diaries, journals, and writing all the things that i learned everyday. Ever since i don't really find it interesting but now i find it more important. Like any of them they find peace in defending the truth and of the welfare of other people. So do i must be concerned with the truth that i have to defend and stand to it.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento