I really feel not good in this time, endurance keeps
me fighting. However, I have a good time listening and understanding some
persons in history. Two important person were introduced and I learned a lot
from them. Jacobus Arminius at the start was unfamiliar to me because of his
complete name, but then it was the person I known before for Arminianism. Some
of my philosophies and beliefs were influenced by him. He then believed that
Christ died for all men. For him God is tyrant and executioner. From his
educational background he was surrounded with Calvinist teachers and that he
remains faithful and does things which he considered right. All along was that
his opposed what Calvinists claimed.
Another
person was Jonathan Edward, a revivalist and a protestant theologian. A
familiar person related to the third Vice president of US named Aaron Burr. So
many protestant missionaries were rooted under him. He was popular and
intellectually gifted because of his parents influence and nurtured. His family
really shaped his character and gifts. Like me I am interested with sciences.
Instead of doing some things, prefer to do experimentations and observations.
No wonder, his observations proved that great power and masterpiece of God. He
was an organized kind of person that all things are labelled including his note
books at school. Going to forests and some quiet places was his hobby in
worshiping God, it was then not true to me.
If
I would compare myself to them, there were similarities and differences we had
in common. For Jacobus, some doctrinal beliefs we shared the same and with
Jonathan with my interest in sciences. I was then taught with virtues and
characters. At some point when it comes to my hobbies, I learned and prefer to
work in a crowded or noisy place. When Arminius compiled beliefs against
Calvinism, I was then come at some point that I was able to compromise and does
not stand in the truth. Spiritual growth and even morality understanding fights
until the end. I made some mistakes in my life that ruined and leave a lesson
for me to take in the journey. However, it still give part in molding and
seeing the reality of life. Like what I had written about Jacobus he was
surrounded with lot of teachers that was against his beliefs. It was also then
true to me, I attended high school and being a new convert in Christ,
traditions and other festivities I considered unnecessary. It caused me a lot of
troubles and hardships while studying. What had happened was that communications
and relationships with my teachers made them respect and treated me as one of
them. it came up that I believed they respected me more than others.
I am so proud to have my parents
at some point, they were not perfect but they had contributed to my growth in
physical, mental, social, spiritual, and moral aspects of my life. Like Edward he was trained and nurtured by his parents. I see some failures of my parents that makes me a failure today. i believed it was then drived by the existing kind of community during that time. philosophies and beliefs we had disagreements, since i became a Christian. Some family traditions and practices that they inherited in their parents wanted to be passed unto me, but it was against the law of God. I was just so glad that they too became Christian in action and mind. I observe myself that sometimes i am a loner person, i also make organizations in my room and home but not that the same of Edward.
Through this insights, i can do change by spending more time in worshiping God in a quiet place having meditation and scripture studies in a place where i can concentrate and spend more time with Him. I prefer to be in the province where there are lots of places where suites for meditation. Even though my family failed at some point, i can correct and made a difference in having relationship with young ones acting as their parent. Of course it not that easy, but then many encourage me to really ponder in planning and praying for my future family, but then i don't want to have it. Well if only i can't discipline my own self I can't do too to them. So why should I? But if God wills it to be, then let it be. To graduate in a seminary school, it does not guaranteed my maturity, in fact i have to still spend time in reading some resources and understand some doctrinal issues. If others does great, there's no reason why God does not allow me to be.
No matter what kind of surrounding we are into, we still have to pursue what the truth was. Compromising is not the good idea, what matters most was the truth.
No matter what kind of surrounding we are into, we still have to pursue what the truth was. Compromising is not the good idea, what matters most was the truth.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento