Lunes, Marso 7, 2016

New Age Of Christianity In Modern Reality

            A great day ahead of me, I was so excited to have the retreat with the batches I had. However, I still need to do my part in paying attention to the lessons given in history class. Another three person I met and learned from them. Billy Graham, Charles Spurgeon, and David Livingstone influenced and contributed to what Christianity of today was. It was a boy named Billy that desired to be a great preacher, and that he practiced preaching and speaking with alligators, birds and trees in the jungle. With great desire that the gospel will be preached in the world, he was now known to be the founder of what we so called as, Billy Graham Evangelistic Crusade. I admire in his stand saying, “Only following Christ we can have true peace”. He was driven with his inner inspiration to attain great education and experiences that help him in his ministry. No matter how hard was to conduct and speak with so many people, however, he was eager to really put in every attendees hearts the message of the gospel of Christ.
         David Livingstone—I knew him with a retreat center named after him. However, so much lesson I failed to gain. He was in another field of missions, in an adventure and exploration to South Africa. He was the first to discover the Victoria Falls and medical missions in Africa. From his life, he insists that to serve God does not mean we need to be a pastor or as a minister graduated, in fact whatever degree and courses we are into, God will used it for his kingdom. It was his medical experiences, theology, botanist education that help him survive in the wilderness and challenges in Africa. He advocated anti-slavery in Africa and was approved only after his death. He inspires other through this quote from him, “I am prepared to go anywhere provided it be forward”. Known as the “Man of Peace”.
               Lastly is Charles Spurgeon, I only hear his name from my professors, but I now digging deeper in his life. He was considered as the “Prince of Preachers”, despite his status with no formal education, his desire and passion for His world elevated. Among all preachers, his 3600 sermons was popular to the world. Exposition and commentaries was his life contributions in the present generations. One thing I admired to him was that his excellent sermons although he had no formal education. He only read more often the Puritan’s Doctrine, Natural History, and Latin and Victorian Literature. When he preached, no one would find it boring but of great attentiveness and listening him convert many people. He was popular also with “A Gospel Tract” and a charity organization. 
               I was moved by Billy Graham with his inner desire to preach the Word. I cannot even see myself doing it, i lacked time and confidence to domit. For all of them they seem to show the importance of an inner motivation in doing ministry. People could no longer see Graham when his dead, but with all of his contribution and role in Christianity, he will be remembered. Character and integrity are two important aspect that all believers must be taken seriously. Like David, he pursue education for him to be use in the ministry at present. I was inspired and encourage by them that it was not a waste of time to have a degree or career in different areas, because God used it in a specific purposes. Some would say that to become a minister they have to enroll in a seminary, or even a seminary background, however, i was taught by them that it is our desire enligned with the will of God that we will be effective in the ministry. No matter how we are smart enough in seminary without great passion, against a person who is willing to sacrifice everything only for his faith and commitment in the mission God entrusted to him. 
              Therefore, i am not a perfect person as to be. I cannot acquire all learnings here on earth, but i will do my best in equipping myself in the Word of God, reading reasources, pursuing higher education, and even involving myself in the field. I have to start a legacy of great commitment and faithfulness in God. I may met a lot of people who would oppose my own worldviews, yet i will do right things in a right manner. Like Graham, i will exercise myself in what specific area i was into--teaching, preaching, arts, and even decernment. I planned in the future that i will gather or founded a certain organization or cooperative comprises of many kinds of people in the community. I will led them to Christ and guide them with the principle in the Bible.when thhis happened, economics, politics, ethics, and socialization will be put value. This could be my own plan, but i will give it to God whom the final decision will be made. 
                 Like this people, they were used by God with their own background, and experties. And infact, God will also use as according to the gift we have, we only need to develop and discover what it is. 


                
              

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento