Upon the excitement for the semester
break, church history class leave information that suites in my
mind. Lots of new ideas and historical facts were introduced to
students like me. I learned past facts that served a great help for
me in understanding the history of Christianity. In my innocence, I
only heard the name Justinian, Charlemagne, and Athanatius as a
person in world history. However, these individuals really help in
shaping our history. From the start only my high school teacher talked
about them.Another name which I remember was Benedict, one thing I
knew about him was that his was a saint that Catholics worshiped and
idolized. Yet his modeled faithfulness and sincerity in believing
God. There are lots of people whom we known a little or unknown to some, but then history class really puts a role in introducing to us the world in the past. They maybe good or bad,yet, it was in us on how we deal and apply it to our own lives.
Aside from people, I also learned
important events like the crusades. It
is a
medieval military expedition, one of a series made by Europeans to
recover the Holy Land from the Muslims in the 11th, 12th, and 13th
centuries. For how many years I only grasp bits of information about
it. Behind the scene was cruelty, brutality, and immorality for the
expedition (raped happened). Despite the raging wickedness, war, and
immorality, Christianity still blooms and finds its way to spread to
all civilization.
I
have to focused my personal evaluations based on the given
individuals introduced in this section. Like any other ordinary
people, I tend to excuse myself to have many wives in the future.
Possible for the present generations and to Islamic religion. That
should not be. Like any other historical figures with lots of wives
and mistresses, it is against on what God wanted to be. Considering my
childhood like any other students, I find boredom in education and
attending classes to learn. Eusebius taught me to change that
perspective and really pursue my education. It was him that the
recording of church history was still available for us today. There
was war between Christians and non-Christians, with the crusades
background, we are then encouraged not to put the judgment in our
hands. Motives are important as well as the manner on how we carry
our motives.
As
on how to imply those broad principles, let us take it specifically. in biblical perspective, it was prohibited to have many wives. Therefore, if possible to marry someday i will stick to only one women whom i will build a family. Despite the raging temptations between morality and immorality, I need God to guide me in every decisions i would make. Fast forward to the future, i will only spend time with my family not to other families, i mean mistresses. In the area of education, all of us are given talents and gifts, I might be not that smart or intelligent with others; however, i still need to focused on acquiring education. This cannot be done by only in the school building but also in daily chores and communications. If possible, I will enroll to some technical schools which offers skills enhancement and advancement. From the life of Eusebius, I was encouraged to have my own diary, wherein i can record all the events happening in my life. This written work could inspire the future generation and could be a source of history from them. Towards the crusades i also get some important practical implications, that i will focused and consider lawful actions--through laws and ordinances not judging in our own hands. In the area of motives, I will really have to evaluate myself in making decisions--big and small. Thinking it over and over to have a better one.
This could be a self-centered reflection but it will help me in growing as an effective citizen. with the help of history, with all those great personalities involved in the past, the present was shaped in behalf of it.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento