Huwebes, Disyembre 10, 2015

The Rise Of False Teaching Amidst Christian Crises

Suiting in the room with breeze, another session for church history. Sitting at the right place, I was able to absorb new lessons which I haven’t gained before. There are lots of information given but then new things arises. For one week I learned that Christian doctrines, principles, and analization was then gathered and talked in the past with different councils. In every council made, certain issues were tried to be solved. So much for that, some existing false teachings like New Age was an adaptation for the past heretical teachings (Gnosticism). One Scripture but lots of interpretation and perspective depending on how it relates a person. There are lots of people who are trying to understand the Bible intellectually, but as they keep on going, increasing personal interpretation was done without and far from the true theme of the author—God. Originality and essence of the Scripture’s message was corrupted by man in trying to comprehend it. But then, apologists and other early Christian fathers help in compiling the truth. I was amazed to be known of Augustine’s life, I didn’t know that he was then a maniac. Therefore, from time to time history was revealed. I also learned that monasticism plays important part of history. Anthony of Egypt founded the unity of monks in a community which was in the present known to be a monastery. History offers us many aspects of civilization that indeed religion and beliefs arises. What was then we are proud and thankful is that we are in the new age that generation of revival and sincerity of faith.
I was really slapped by the reality that a person cannot live by his own, we need someone or others for us to refer our interpretations and ideas whether we are in the truth or not. I had so many personal assumptions that I rely on, which in fact it should not be. Such that I presumed to have a better understanding on some issues which I discovered on my own, without knowing others have a better idea for it. I admit I used to be critical negatively to others. I thought that all doctrines and principle really came up compiled to a specific man. I then realized it came over a long period of time to have these compilation. From all along, I am wrong behaving like “advantage-taker”, because of the contribution of early Christians in the present. The world is not evolving but adapting to what was present in every civilization. All the issues in the past is always possible for us to be taken in the present with different context, name, and approach.
Specifically, I can do change my behavior and principles, but on what specific steps? I will seek partners and look for others suggestions. This could give me the best and well evaluated solution. I will also recognize others work that appreciation and positive compliments could be made. Encourage and build up others with words of affirmation. Although it’s hard for me to do this, but I have to because I need to. As an agent of the kingdom I will take time in compiling interpretations and doctrines based on the Scripture. I will include all minor and major doctrinal issues with the context of Pilipino people. In relation to all worldviews, I will do my best in participating or studying about other religions, for me to have the lessons and information to be shared with others (congregations).  I will not claim any interpretations exhortations to be my own or t be the first to uncover its message, thus, all along all are revealed in the past. As the summary of all thoughts, I will really take time in reading and meditating the Scriptures for it will guide and lead me to the truth. 

Walang komento:

Mag-post ng isang Komento