Inside a Church history class, there was a fire that
started to spread in me. It’s been a while that I dreamt to be in a Church
History class, and finally it came in a sudden. It is important to study and
give time in understanding and studying the history of Christianity. It will
give us the past presentation on how God works and interfere the life of
humanity. Several things that every believer must have known—events in the past
that helps us to avoid the traps in the present. I am a young believer in a way
that I didn't grasp the whole story of Christianity at first as I accepted
Christ as my Lord and Savior. Because of the classes I had this week I learned
new things and new information that was expected to be known by me several
years ago. I learned that Church fathers like Ignatius and Polycarp was a
prominent and important individuals in the Christianity's history who risk
their life and sacrifice everything as on what they are believing for. New
things I learned, in fact, both Ignatius and Polycarp was a student of John the
Apostle. Significant persons was introduced to me, like Trajan an emperor who
ruled during their time. He plays important role in the suffering and spreading
of the gospel throughout the Roman citizens. To grasp the idea, this week was
meant to give me understanding about Christianity's history from time to time.
Upon living in a
community of Bible students and unbelievers outside, it is important to
evaluate our own self. Before, all that I know was that I am a Christian—having
Jesus as my Lord and Savior, and that ministers were free to bring souls to
God. With that principle and insight in mind, I thought that to be a Christian
was so easy. I failed to realize that many people died and suffered for what I
am now believing only to spread and made me known for it. I realized that I
have to be thankful and proud to what they had done. Not only as Christ died
for me, but of individuals that sacrifice their life for it. Many years I was
blinded by ignorance, but as of now, from time to time, I have to exert effort
in knowing what the history promotes. “From a passive believer to an active
believer”, in the area of mentality I need to prepare myself from the battle of
faith soon I have to encounter. Lots of time wasted for unnecessary activities,
I need to invest time in really knowing my identity as a Christian. Through
Ignatius and Polycarp's life I was rebuked and reminded that it is important
for a person to really have passion and courage to take risk in proclaiming
righteousness and truth to others. As others brought us back to God, as a new
convert, we need to do it also. Accepting our new identity in Christ Jesus was
accompanied with accountability—ensuring others to hear and make decisions for
eternity.
“From passive to
active”, I can accomplish it through reading more books and other resources
that offer studies and information for Christianity's history. To be active in
teaching other believers about history of Christian martyrs. Including topic of
Church history for Bible studies and seminars. Lot of things can be done
practically, as to attend some upgrade classes offering course for it, as
possible stepping into the real place where the events taken. Evangelization
and preaching the gospel to others is a must that every believers must take
seriously. I have to start from the children I am ministering as of now towards
the surrounding community and to all nation. Some would say that it is hard for
me to have a dual work as a teacher and a preacher, but to have a heart for
others destination this is so easy to be done. There are some instance that I
lose confidence and courage to tell others about Christ, however, I have to
really face that fear. What I can do was to prepare myself for any debates or
argument trough investing in the Bible College and equipping Godly
characters.
Therefore, history is
important for us to consider. It is the dialogue between the past and the
present where we are given hints to avoid the trap of the future. Sometimes
education was not that given a high value, but at this very point of time, I could
say that we need education. Reading is tiring, but if we are really putting
love unto it, we could have a wide understanding on the world around us.
Walang komento:
Mag-post ng isang Komento